You know you live at the right moment in time when you no longer need to put on pants to do your Christmas shopping. It's pretty cool that nowadays you can get some of the best gifts ever and all you need to do is click a few links from the comfort of your home -- whether you wear pants or not. With a few taps, you can access not only the gifts but inspiration on what to buy, as well, if you're stuck. This year, consider cutting down on the budget and instead of individual presents for those friends with significant others, get Christmas gifts for couples. These gift ideas are so fantastic that all of your friends will have to up their game next year to match your gifting this year.
If you are like most humans, you probably have a love/hate relationship with the holidays. For the most part, it's a wonderful time of year for catching up with family and friends and taking a moment to give thanks. On the other hand, many of us dread the malls, the lines, the traffic, the chaos, and the bad attitudes. Well, preparation is key, and research is important. It's much easier to enjoy the good parts of the holidays when you can get the difficult stuff done ahead of time. Read on, because it's easier than ever.
Christmas Is Right Around the Corner
Whether you are reading this is July or October, Christmas is still right around the corner. It's certainly close enough to start thinking about some critical gifts for your favorite romantically attached people. Buying Christmas gifts for couples not only cuts down on the budget but will save you a bunch of time, as well. There are a few crucial things to think about before you choose a gift for someone and their plus one -- we got you covered. Additionally, we have a few sections with ideas on how to find the best gifts, not only for couples but everyone else too.
Things to Consider Before Shopping for Christmas Gifts for Couples
First, there are a few things you need to think about before you go shopping for your favorite couple. For example, did they get married or engaged in the last year? If a couple had a big moment like that or they're pregnant, moving, or making other big plans, that should all go into your decision. Here are a few other things you should consider:
How to pick a gift that is meaningful
Next, just in case you don't find what you're looking for on our list of Christmas gifts for couples, we have some tips for you. Buying average Christmas gifts is easy. Finding a gift, though, that carries meaning is far more difficult. Of course, you want to buy a gift for your loved ones that they will still remember next year. It's not as hard as you think.
In 2014, the Journal of Consumer Research found that some individuals give gifts based only on the desirability of that gift. Instead, get them something that you know they can use. For example, instead of a gift certificate to expensive restaurant hours away, get them one for a less expensive establishment closer to their home. The individuals receiving that sort of gift will know that you considered their needs first instead of choosing the flashiest present.
Next, according to researchers at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, some of the most memorable gifts, as well as people's favorites are experiential. An experiential gift doesn't come in a box. For example, a trip to an amusement park or going to see a concert are both excellent ideas in this category. The best part about these types of Christmas gifts for couples is that you can join them and continue the quality time together.
Finally, consider giving the couple something that you or someone else made by hand. A study published in the Journal of Marketing in 2015 found that most people far prefer to buy a homemade gift versus something that was mass produced -- even when it costs a lot more money. You see, handmade gifts show more love, and of course, that's the message you want to send.
The best time to shop
We already talked about how making a plan will help you handle the upcoming holiday season with ease. When, though, is the best time actually to start shopping? According to the Money Advice Service, October is the ideal time to start. If you already missed that, don't worry, you can still get a jump on things. You do have to get on it, though, as soon as possible, and there are several reasons why.
The best places to shop for Christmas gifts for couples
We could easily do an entire article on this section alone. As far as where to shop for Christmas gifts for couples goes, you have a lot of options. Of course, for the things that made this list, we included links wherever possible. However, if you want to get something that isn't on the list -- where is the best place to go? First, as we said, handmade gifts are incredibly popular. So, hit a small town and go to some of the small businesses there. If you don't want to put on pants, Etsy is an excellent resource for handmade gifts.
Additionally, remember that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are around Thanksgiving time. If you know what you are looking for ahead of time, keep your eyes on those sales. On top of that, if you order online and order early enough, places like Amazon don't charge any shipping for a large number of items.
The Top Seven Christmas Gifts for Couples
Finally, we are at the part where we will talk about the top seven Christmas gifts for couples. As we said, the price points are all over the place -- we have ideas that will suit every budget. Let's dig in and let our list help you create your list, get the planning started, and ensure that you have the best Christmas possible. This list is in no particular order.
We mentioned above how much people enjoy an experience as a gift rather than an object. It's pretty simple to find out what someone's favorite band is so you can buy a couple of concert tickets. And, if you don't know, it's not that difficult to ask, and you probably won't even raise any suspicions. These days, purchasing tickets and finding concert information is easier than ever. Ticketmaster is the well-known ticket seller for most events. Make sure you check out StubHub as well, though, for shows that may be sold out or difficult to find tickets for -- that site is where people sell the tickets they aren't going to use.
If you aren't sure when the band is playing, just find their website or Facebook page for tour information. Most of the time, a link to purchase tickets for a show is directly on the band's event page. As far as price, the more popular the artist, the more expensive the ticket. Plan to spend anywhere from $20 to over $350 per ticket, though.
1.) Ticket Masters
Next on the list of Christmas gifts for couples ideas is a weekend getaway. Now, we know that this can be quite expensive, but it doesn't have to be. First, you can join up with other friends or family to split the cost if you want. Secondly, there are tons of discount travel sites like Expedia to help you find affordable rates. And finally, since it is 2018, you can even rent them a house anywhere in the world to stay in using Airbnb. Like our last idea, this could get quite expensive. However, if this seems like something you want to do, look to spend anywhere from $80 to over $300 on a place to stay.
Third on our list of Christmas gifts for couples is camping gear for that adventurous couple. For this one, if they don't have a lot of equipment, you want to go with necessities first like a tent or a camping stove. If they already have the basics, here's a cool list of things that campers love to have on hand, with links to them on Amazon. If you plan to get one of these gifts, you should budget $15 to $200 -- depending on the tent, those can go even higher than that.
- Measures 57.75" W x 19" D x 32" H when fully assembled. 37" x 19" x 6" when stored
- Quick and easy to set-up. In less than a minute you'll be ready to start grilling
- High strength lightweight steel frame and aluminum tabletop
- Plenty of space for all of your cooking gear with additional hooks and paper towel holder on the side
- Includes durable carrying case
A Cooking Class
Next on the list of ideas for Christmas gifts for couples is a sweet night out with benefits -- a cooking class. This idea is another one of those insanely popular experiential gifts. The cool part about these classes is that most of them are for more than one couple, so you can go as a group if you want. We found some three-hour classes where couples make the entire menu for $160 to $175. This idea is fantastic because the couple will spend all that quality time together. In addition to that, they will learn a new skill and eat a delicious meal together.
The popularity of video games has not waned since they appeared on the scene. More and more couples than ever before are sitting down and playing together. Just like golfing, tennis, or traveling, video games are an interest that many couples share nowadays. You will have to do some low-key research into the couple before this becomes an option. However, if you think they might like gaming together, some people even claim the activity can be a relationship saver.
The couple will need two controllers to play together. So get them a controller if they only have one. Depending on the system they have, a controller will cost $30 to $70. Furthermore, games for two players are available on every console, so it's important to find out which one they have in their home. Games will cost $15 to $65. Click here for a list of games couples enjoy playing together. If they don't have a console, you could also get them one of those if you have the budget for it. A new console costs $150 to $450. You can get a used console for a little less cash if you check your local game store location.
5.) Portable Travel
- Designed to make your new Nintendo Switch Console even more portable & travel friendly
- Fits the Nintendo Switch tablet with both its Joy-Con controllers attached to it, and the upper section features a separate inner pocket which can fit extra JoyCons, Cables, Games, and other smaller but essential accessories. (Please note this cannot accommodate larger items like the dock or pro-controllers)
- Hard EVA shell keeps your device protected while the soft inner material keeps your device free from scratches
- Perfect carry case for keeping your Nintendo Switch securely stored when travelling or when not in use
- Designed specifically for the Nintendo Switch. For our full range of Nintendo Switch accessories, search 'ORZLY SWITCH' in the Amazon search bar (above)
There's one thing that stands true for nearly every human on the planet -- we love comfort items. Many people think that blankets are a lazy way out of gifts. That could not be farther from the truth. We love blankets; you love blankets, and everyone loves warmth and comfort. Plus, if you get a one-of-a-kind quilt and support a local vendor, you check even more boxes off the Christmas gifts for couples list. There are millions of amazing, warm, soft blankets for sale everywhere so this is a simple gift to find.
6.) Heavy Blanket
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers a natural way to help calm your body for a restful night of sleep; great calming sensory blanket for adults and children to help decompress and provide comfort
- YnM owns a unique 7-layer weighted blanket. Our 7-layer system is designed to contour to the shape of your body for maximum comfort and the MORE glass beads & LESS fiber fill design offers better temperature control
- HIGHEST INDUSTRY STANDARD: 4.7”x4.7” smaller compartments for more evenly distribution + The extra two layers design and the three-dimensional lock bead sewing method for 0 bead leakage + Finest stitching(2.5-3mm one stitch) to prevent weight shifting from one compartment to another + superior quality material. All these made a fabulous highest quality YnM Weighted Blanket
- To choose a size for 1 adult, take 10% of your body weight, then add 1 lb; For sharing, please choose from KING 80''x87'' weighted blanket
- Breathable cotton/linen duvet cover, cooling bamboo duvet cover or cozy minky duvet cover are available in YnM. From YnM you can find a perfect duvet for you and for protection of your weighted blanket
Finally, we will round out our list of Christmas gifts for couples with the ultimate comfort item, deliciously warm robes for the lucky couple. It's pretty simple to size a robe, first of all. Secondly, even if it's a little on the large side, that's okay too. If you are anxious about the size, you can always make sure they know how to replace it. Every couple should have at least one pair of matching robes, though. Of course, you can even get monogrammed matching couple's robes from Amazon for $100 to $130.
8.) Robe for Women
- LUXURIOUS DESIGN: Chic yet comfy, this knee length robe treats you to a touch of cozy luxuriousness. It comes with a stylish cuff on the sleeves, 2 patch pockets, and an eye-catching choice of color that is guaranteed to cater to just about any taste.
- LOUNGE-WORTHY: Having a do-nothing day? Why not slip into this ultra-soft hooded robe for women that is perfect for lounging around? This plush robe from Just Love is made from incredibly soft velour with a Sherpa lined hood to keep you nice and snug as you relax away
- GREAT FIT: Choose from a wide variety of sizes starting from XS all the way to 3X. The XS-XL ladies’ robes have a length of 39 inches, while the plus sizes (1X-3X) are 41 inches long. Petite or full bodied, you’ll find a great-fitting lounge robe from our extra-wide collection to cozy up in.
- HIGH-QUALITY FINISH: Our luxurious robes for women are carefully made to create loungewear that lasts. Everything from the stitching to the hem lining is beautifully done for a clean look, and the plush robe handles well in the wash without stretching out of shape
- EXPERIENCE GREAT VALUE: Just Love is all about giving you the latest fashion at the best prices around. Enjoy cozy robes for women designed with supreme comfort, great quality, and unique style in mind, all without breaking the bank.
Bonus gift! Donate to their favorite charity
Granted, while some might not love having a donation made to a charity in their name, others certainly will. If you know your friends well, and you know that specific issues are close to their heart -- donate to that charity in their name. There are a lot of people in the world who want to give more and just can't. This could easily be the favorite gift for the right couple. For an additional idea, think about naming a star after the couple because, yes, that's totally a thing you can do.
Now It's Time to Become the Squad's Favorite Gift Giver
Now you are 100 percent more prepared for Christmas than you were a few minutes ago. With this list as a starting point and using our handy tips from above, you can't go wrong. Get ready to become your squad's very favorite gift giver because you are going to nail it. Just remember, don't shop for what you think they should want, shop for what you know they will use and appreciate. If you give a gift from the heart, you can never go wrong.
Last update on 2021-05-13 at 07:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API